Warehouse ManagerLocation: Shah Alam
|Job ID: AYR2|
Specialization: PURCHASING OR INVENTORY OR MATERIAL AND WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT|
Star Glory Group is an exciting and fast-growing profitable group of companies and has businesses that specialises in selling duty free products and providing logistics services.
This role will be a key member of the Star Glory Group Logistics Leadership team, and is responsible for the full management of all the warehouse operation activities and services, and supports the Logistics Business General Manager to deliver the business results profitably, safely and with satisfied customers, for the organisation to meet the short to long term company’s business and strategic needs. In this warehouse business, this role provides services that covers planning, operations, safety, warehousing and customer services. As this role has bottom line profit responsibility down to Net Income Before HQ Overheads and Tax level (NI1), it is very important that this role is able to help grow the business profitably by ensuring the most efficient and safe operations at lowest costs and highest customer service levels.
Warehousing • Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
• Ensure safe stacking and good housekeeping at our warehouse are met all the time.
• Conduct regular stock takes of our inventory and achieve 100% inventory accuracy by reconciling with data storage system.
• Ensure the warehouse operates at peak efficiency, with customer satisfaction being the primary goal, by supervising, organizing, directing, and training warehouse employees and establishing, monitoring, and managing operation goals
• Develop warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements, equipment utilization and inventory management
• Train and manage a warehouse team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
• Oversee daily operations, while controlling and managing inventory and logistics
• Review and prepare workflow, manning and space requirements, equipment layout, and action plans while ensuring productivity, quality and customer service standards are met
• Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
• Supervise daily activities of the warehouse, including quality assurance, inventory control, space management, logistics, floor productivity and customer service
• Schedule and oversee warehouse team to meet the demands of the fulfilment center, and manage the flow and quality of work to maximize efficiency and minimize overtime
• Inspect equipment, tools, and machinery regularly, and oversee general maintenance as needed
• Meet regularly with warehouse leads to review, analyze, and develop actionable plans for productivity and loss prevention
• Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
• Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees.
• Set departmental objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
• Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required
• Ensure that all functions under supervision operate in accordance with health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
Financial Budget and Control
• Hold responsibility for department budget
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with all connected with the logistics process
• Ensure compliance with import/export regulations/customs regulations and legal and health and safety requirements.
• Support new business initiatives and projects and contribute to review meetings and change process. Ensure effective logistics implementation takes place relating to the changes.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION
• Diploma / Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
• 10 years of experience as Warehouse Manager with solid understanding of a successful business and management practices in logistic industry
• Proven business growth and results driven leadership, mindset and behaviours
• Knowledgeable about Warehouse Management System (WMS)
• Proven to lead and manage a team, work under pressure and handle multiple projects
• Superior interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
• Builds strong customer relationship skills
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organisational skills
• Proficient knowledge of warehouse procedure and policy
• Comfortable delivering frequent direct written and oral feedback
Apply Now Back to Job Vacancies