GIS Solutions ArchitectLocation: Selangor
|Job ID: CERS8|
Specialization: IT OR COMPUTER SOFTWARE|
What will you do?
• Technical leadership responsibility for one or more concurrent projects that require custom software design and deployment. For each project to which he/she is assigned, the Solution Architect should have a full understanding of implementation requirements and how multiple pieces of the implementation will fit together
• Work with Project Managers to define the best technical approach to meet customer business requirements using one or more company offerings
• Lead project requirement gathering workshops and develop resulting documentation
• Lead the design and documentation of proposed customer solutions based on defined requirements
• Work directly with other groups within the organization to develop and validate proposed solutions and designs
• Lead solution design review sessions and obtain design approval from customers
• Leadership responsibilities include providing technical guidance to the other members of the department
• Prepare project analysis, design, functional and interface specification documentation
• Perform system, database, application, and network capacity planning for clients
What qualifications will make you successful?
• Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, engineering, or geography (or related field with computer emphasis), with 5+ years' related post-secondary experience in software/systems development, preferably in the Utility industry
• Clear knowledge and experience in designing and implementing solutions for one or more utility domains
• Technical experience in implementation of utility engineering software solutions such as Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Outage Management Systems (OMS), SCADA, Distribution Management Systems (DMS), Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and/or Engineering Analysis (EA)
• Knowledge and experience with a strong compliment of the following: Windows Operating Systems, UNIX, C++, C#, .NET, Perl, SQL, Networking, Diagnostic and Troubleshooting experience
• Proven capability in Software and System Development, System Integration, Documentation, Testing, Installation, Commissioning and Service Processes
• Experience developing end-user applications and interfaces with an object oriented programming language, such as C# for both the desktop and web
• Experience with GIS solutions (ArcGIS, ArcFM, Smallword, Geodatabases, etc.) is highly desirable
• Experience integrating enterprise applications, e.g. SAP, PeopleSoft, WMS, OMS, etc.
• Experience with Enterprise Architecture frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman) is highly desirable
• Experience with commercial RDBMS such as Oracle and SQL Server preferred
• Experience working with electric, gas, water or wastewater utility companies
• Experience with architecting and designing infrastructure and operational support processes
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Ability to travel both domestically and internationally about 50% of the time
Interested candidates, please reach out to Gan at email@example.com or +6017-6700722.
Apply Now Back to Job Vacancies