Senior Technical Engineer - Red Hat Enterprise LinuxLocation: Petaling Jaya
|Job ID: CTC5|
Specialization: IT OR COMPUTER NETWORK OR SYSTEM OR DATABASE ADMIN|
• Provides technical advice and support to Level 1 and 2 Engineers
• Customer support on-site and off-site
• Provides remote troubleshooting if needed
• Attends to high severity incidents on and off-site
• Prepares and follow-up on incident reports if any
• Updates incident tickets in a timely manner in Field Service Management System to meet
contractual Service Level Agreements
• Reviews and submits incident reports in a timely manner
• Coordinates with the technical team to prepare problem management reports
• Reviews problem management reports
• Monitors and ensures problem management reports are submitted in a timely manner
• Leads problem management and resolution in the support products.
• Leads project implementation
• Reviews project scope, Pre-Implementation Validation (PIV) and prepares project
• Ensures project timely completion.
• Plans and reviews implementation timeline with project manager.
• Develops design configuration documentation
• Serves as technical advisory to a Project Manager, on feasibility, dependencies, aspects of
a deployment that will impact project implementation timeline
• Develops, articulates and document the design and architecture a solution
• Captures and updates project implementation technical issues for references
• Assumes the Project Technical Lead role when required
• Submits timesheet to reporting manager
• Provides scope of work and man-days to pre-sales & sales teams (if required)
• Reviews and highlights project deployment risks
• Conducts POC to customer and internal staff
• Diploma/Degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years related working experience in an IT related environment preferably with
good knowledge of UNIX platform.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Open source solutions: Red Hat Virtualization, OpenShift, OpenStack, CloudForms,
• Open Source Solutions:
o Virtualization: Red Hat Virtualization (RHV), oVirt, Oracle Linux KVM
o Container Application Platform: Openshift, OKD.io
o Cloud Computing Platform: Red Hat OpenStack, OpenStack Open Source
o Automation Platform: Ansible Tower or AWX
o Ansible Playbook Development, familiarity with OS (Linux/Unix) Modules such as Files,
System, Commands, Windows, frequently used/built-in
o Cloud Management Platform: Red Hat CloudForms, ManageIQ
• Knowledge of systems management software such as Enterprise Manager Ops Center,
Enterprise Manager Cloud Control, Red Hat Satellite.
• Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, NTP, SysLog, administration, configuration, troubleshooting &
• Certification in Red Hat products such as Red Hat Certified System Administrator
(RHCSA), Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE).
• Knowledge in Unix/Linux shell scripting and Python Programming language, Powershell
(Windows) particularly Bourne (sh), Bourne Again Shell (bash) with monitoring, deploying
and administration, related to making changes to configurations or verifying current state of a
• Storage related technology on SAN zoning, I/O multipathing software, ZFS storage
appliance, Dell EMC, HPE 3PAR, Hitachi Data Systems, NetApp and tape library.
• Knowledge of disk management software on Oracle (SVM/ZFS), IBM (LVM) and LINUX
(LVM) administration, configuration, troubleshooting & implementation.
• Knowledge of UNIX (Solaris/AIX/LINUX/Windows) operating systems, Solaris Cluster,
OVM for SPARC, OVM for x86, Solaris Zones, and back-office products.
• Certification in Sun/Oracle Solaris 10 System Administrator (part 1&2), Sun/Oracle Solaris
10 Network Administrator and Oracle Solaris 11 System Administrator.
Apply Now Back to Job Vacancies