Specialization: IT OR COMPUTER HARDWARE|
We are representing our established client is looking for IT Asset Management Lead to be based in their Puchong office
About the role:
The “Asset Management Lead” role is essential to ensure that technology assets are appropriately managed and maintained. He/she manages the end-to-end asset lifecycle through the maintenance of records and database containing information regarding licenses, warranties, and service agreements for the end users hardware and software.
This includes the planning, monitoring, recording, and tracking of assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts, licenses, leasing contracts and to ensure proper invoicing. Further, the IT asset management lead is involved in identification and implementation of solutions allowing the Company to standardize our assets, optimize support, maintenance, licenses in order to reduce cost and gain competitive advantage
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of tracking system for all hardware/software assets (regionally) in order to maintain an accurate inventory and accounting of all assets and their components
- Leads the deployment and improvements of regional asset management platform(s), including requirements gathering and interfacing with deployment teams
- Responsible for the creation and deployment of regional asset management standards across Information Technology teams and business units
- Manages regional Asset Management (collaborates with the local contact points for each country), ensuring compliance with standards.
- Coordinates with IT Service owners, Service delivery managers, On-site support staff in order to have complete process adherence and fully accurate CMDB
- Responsible for compliance with vendor contracts (Software/Hardware) providing input for audits and analysis.
- Develops, implements and documents procedures for tracking IT assets to oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles
- Establishes/optimize and document procedures for managing the day to day asset management process.
- Responsible for the creation of dashboards and reports in his/her domain (financial summaries, risk analysis, licenses compliance reports...)
- Responsible for leasing follow up and for triggering refresh or buy out when necessary (at lease end).
- Assists procurement team, finance team, and senior management in analysing budgets, invoices, proposals, and vendor contracts.
- Creates usage reports that are used to track license allocation, consumption and renewal deadlines
- Ensure that assets remain productive and cost-efficient, along their lifecycle, even after depreciated
- Dispose of hardware assets before they become liabilities
- Conduct and report hardware asset reconciliation and audit activities on a timely basis, including financial, warranty, consumables and maintenance/support contract information
- Compare warranties, maintenance agreements, and vendor contracts to assist with hardware asset upkeep, upgrades, repair, and replacement
- Monitor and analyze trends in company spending and inventory control in order to make recommendations for the future, and to identify areas for possible savings and/or asset optimization
- Track and maintain copies of hardware warranties, maintenance agreements, and vendor contracts
- Ensure all hardware serial numbers or identification tags are entered into configuration management system (CMDB) and ensure information is up-to-date, accurate, and auditable
- Investigate and resolve exceptions and accuracy issues of the CMDB
- Responsible for the monthly YTD reporting – meaning responsible for the monthly volume reporting for workplace products and end users services delivered to each OPCO.
- ReRegularly Work and report on Asset management Data Quality Improvement and provide DQ KPI dashboard on quarterly basis
- 5+ years of experience working in IT Asset Management in an enterprise-size IT environment which could include AMDB/CMDB management
- Experience leading and managing teams or projects.
- Prior experience and solid knowledge of hardware/software vendors such as Lenovo, Dell, Microsoft, Citrix, Jabra, Apple, …
- Experience and understanding of ITIL and ITSM tools. Hands-on experience interfacing with Asset Management systems.(Service Now is a plus)
- Good understanding of the specific technology area(s) and a working knowledge understanding across all IT
- Superior business and analytical skills, able to focus on key issues and solve problems
- Proven ability to operate at both the strategic and tactical level
- Expresses a proper sense of urgency from both a personal perspective and from the nature of a given
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel (PowerBi is a plus)
Back to Job Vacancies