Specialization: PURCHASING OR INVENTORY OR MATERIAL AND WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT|
- Assist the Supply Chain Manager in maintaining the smooth operation of daily purchasing
- activities and to achieves company objectives.
- Together with SCM to develop a supply base strategy, policies that fits with business unit direction for technology, localization, and other requirements.
- Prepares instructions regarding purchasing systems and procedures.
- Develop criteria and checklists to meet Company's requirements in terms of product specification, quality, service and reliability standards help the purchasing team/procurement team evaluate suppliers' proposals as well as measure the suppliers' performance.
- Implement processes with suppliers to improve on time delivery and Purchase Price Variance.
- Supervise the team in the management of the supply chain to achieve continuous timely supply of parts and services.
- Conduct supplier performance reviews and support the team to maintain supplier consistent on time delivery and implement processes with suppliers to ensure on time delivery and quality of product / service.
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Ensures continuity of raw material supply to support production schedules and balances with achieving inventory level targets.
- Coordinate the sourcing of new supply bases for competitive pricing, quality and reliable products.
- Drive cross functional teams on part qualification and work collaboratively with supplier to ensure compliance to corporate directive for capacity planning and ramp. Identify cost savings to meet goals; develop cost modelling and automate costing process.
- Keep senior management informed of present/future trends in availability and cost of materials, components and equipment
- Act as first point of escalation with suppliers and communicate all unresolved issues to the Supply Chain Manager
- Execute purchasing tasks to support team where and when needed.
- May negotiate major contracts involving large dollar amounts.
Key Skills Required
- Diploma / Degree holder
- Minimum 5 year's senior role working experience in the related field such as those has working experience as Procurement Officer / Materials Buyer / Tactical Purchaser / Technical Buyer / Purchasing executive / Supply Chain executive.
- Able to read and write in English, Bahasa Malaysia, Mandarin.
- Knowledge of Oracle/SAP
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Back to Job Vacancies