Procurement ManagerLocation: Selangor
|Job ID: EEL41|
Specialization: PURCHASING OR INVENTORY OR MATERIAL AND WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT|
Duties & Responsibility:
1. Purchasing Strategy & purchasing operation – Establish and improve purchasing strategy to ensure stable supply of material at competitive price.
- Review existing purchasing strategy for direct and indirect material, setting and improve direction of purchasing strategy annually and change whenever required to suit the company’s direction.
- Continuous to explore improvement of SOP and implement operation of purchasing function according to purchasing policy and SOP and meeting internal customer’s requirement.
2. Suppliers Management – Managing pool of approved suppliers for on time in full delivery, good service level & competitive pricing.
- Ensure all suppliers are approved suppliers and maintain in approved supplier list.
- Tracking supplier’s performance and recommend for continuity or delist.
- Conduct supplier evaluation, support audit by QA, conduct price comparison with new supplier annually to ensure competitive pricing.
- Support yearly supplier audit and evaluation with QA personnel and audit team including audit schedule arrangement.
3. Purchasing Activities – Ensure purchasing activities are accordance to procedure and internal customer requirement.
- Sourcing and quotation activities from PR.
- Perform negotiation with vendors on pricing, credit terms and purchasing related matters
- Supplier recommendation and supplier selection
- Manage PO issuance activities.
- Manage Supplier Delivery Tracking and coordination with planner and internal customer requirement
4. Sub-contract & OEM activities
- Manage sub-contract activities with co-packer
- Obtain quotation for costing and implementation
- Coordinate activities on quantity, quality and delivery with related function.
- Generate report of completed sub-contract job.
- Manage OEM suppliers.
5. Involve in New Product Development & promotion projects (from sourcing of material till obtaining approval).
6. Maintain related purchasing master data, Vendor Master & Material Master in SAP system upon request by HQ.
Education & Experience:-
• University Degree Holder in Business Studies/Supply Value Chain/Management.
• Minimum 5 years’ of working experience in the similar capacity.
• Has past experience in handling procurement in manufacturing environment.
Requirements & Skills :-
• Prepared to work independently, under pressure & possess a high sense of responsibility.
• Good command of written and spoken English & Mandarin. Able to speak Cantonese will be an added advantage.
• Strong at Cost management and Performance metrics tracking and reporting.
• Strong verbal & communication skills.
• Proficiency in mastering Microsoft excel and power point.
• Good analytical and strategic thinking skill.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Make decision on material purchase in terms of supplier selection as per LOA.
Apply Now Back to Job Vacancies