Packaging Development Assistant ManagerLocation: Selangor
|Job ID: EEL43|
Specialization: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY OR LABORATORY|
Duties & Responsibilities:-
1. Familiar and knowledgeable with relevant packaging and their materials properties, processing technologies, food applications and their compatibility with various filling and packaging systems in processing plants. Good understanding on market trend and latest technological development.
2. Work closely with global head of packaging development function in developing a suitable packaging development strategy, roadmap and action plan, as well as optimization of development process.
3. Responsible in managing packaging projects in new product/packaging innovation and renovation, quality improvement, packaging material optimization, automation, operational excellence, sustainability, new vendor development and out sourcing projects, etc., ensure the deliverables fulfilling the requirement/expectation.
4. Develop packaging concepts/solutions and suitable materials to fulfill the marketing/consumer needs and relevant industrial requirements in food safety, quality, cost and timing, comply with regulation and corporate policies.
5. Work independently on packaging projects with packaging expertise, maintain close communication and collaboration with internal cross-functions and external parties.
6. Provide technical support and response to internal functions on New Product Development (NPD), marketing inquiries, quality complaints and improvement, corporate affairs, etc, close interaction with Marketing, R&D, Engineering, QA, Procurement, Production, PMC and logistics/sales, etc.
7. Conduct packaging development activities by following up working instructions, guidance and proper methodologies and technical logics, with following specific deliverables when applicable:
-Packaging Feasibility study report (from concept to design and prototypes, feasibility, etc.)
-Packaging technical input via PCRS for new packaging changes.
-Technical input for cost simulation (TP)
-SIF (Special instruction form) and trial implementation
-Pack. Material Evaluation (PMEF) for new packaging development or materials changes
-Packaging specification and technical drawings.
-Packaging Instructions in filling & packaging, transportation, product storage and usages.
-BOM input and maintenance of database, etc.
-Technical assistance and reports in PM-FAT, trials and verification, line validation, etc.
-Packaging Functional tests and validation
-Evaluation on packaging sustainability
-Intellectual property protection scheme (patent review)
-Risk assessment and preventive measures.
-Project minutes/summary and status update
Education & Experience:-
• University graduate, minimum 5 years of experience in related packaging field
• Prior experience gained from company specialized in packaging design development, glass, pouches and rigid plastic container will be an advantage
Requirements & Skills:-
• Team player with good communication skills, leadership skills
• Good command of English, Mandarin / Cantonese
• Experience in project management
• Knowledge in computer and data processing
• Positive thinking, self-motivated, result oriented and accountable, mature to challenges
• Willing to travel and relocation
Apply Now Back to Job Vacancies