Legal ManagerLocation: Selangor
|Job ID: EEL50|
Specialization: LAW OR LEGAL SERVICES|
Overall Scope & Purpose:
- Assist in handling and advising on all contentious and non-contentious legal matters
Duties & Responsibilities: -
1. Uphold the general legal interest of the Company:
• Review and prepare agreements;
• Prepare quality and business-oriented legal instruments;
• Provide quality, practical legal advice to business units in an expedite manner;
• Advise business units on and handle as the case may require third party claims, demands and disputes;
• Liaise with outside attorneys and supervise the conduct of legal proceedings in a cost-effective manner;
• Provide on-the-spot support to business units on negotiation of major transactions;
• Keep abreast of changes in laws and give business units timely updates.
2. Uphold the Company’s intellectual property rights
• Liaise with IP agents worldwide and handle all intellectual property (including without limitation Trade Marks, Patents and Industrial Designs) registrations, renewals, oppositions and infringement cases;
• Liaise with domain name agents worldwide and the IT function to handle domain names registrations, renewals and other domain name upkeep works.
• Review, formulate and execute strategies for global intellectual property protection.
• Handle any such Co. Sec. works as the headquarter Head of Legal may see fit;
• Handle all other works of the legal function as the headquarter Head of Legal or the Company may assign.
Education & Experience: -
• University degree in Laws and a qualified solicitor in Malaysia.
• 5-7 years post-qualification experience acquired from law firms or in corporations preferably of the FMCG or manufacturing sector.
Requirements & Skill: -
• Sound knowledge on general commercial and IP laws;
• Good command of written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia, fluency in Mandarin is an added advantage.
• Professional presentation skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
Apply Now Back to Job Vacancies