Specialization: LOGISTICS OR SUPPLY CHAIN|
Direct and oversee Operations department including Port Terminal, TD, ED, Ops Steering, Transshipment, M&R and other functionalities pertinent to smooth running of Operations. To oversee cost management, vendor management and protecting the company interests and service quality are some of the other key goals/targets. Record and report on a regular basis the Operations activities including meeting the departmental KPIs.
Main Functions and Responsibilities:
- To manage, steer and support the Operations Department’s performance and to ensure all activities are completed within company guidelines.
- Port/Terminal Operations - Oversee QSC Port Operations functions. Monitoring port operations on a daily basis ensures the work is flowing in accordance with defined processes and analyzing operations identifies opportunities for cost reductions and cost control.
- Transport Dispatch/Transshipment – ensure timely and cost efficient transport of containers by rail, truck and feeder vessel to/from locations within an Area of Operation.
- Equipment Dispatch – ensure customers obtain equipment, which meets their shipping needs in a timely manner
- Maintenance & Repair - ensure sufficient equipment availability of all types to cover budgeted and forecasted bookings, while maintaining the most economical cost
- Operations Steering Support - ensure Operations department maintains systems, writing procedures and running statistics as needed
- Leadership and Management - Coach and develop individual department managers and staff. Have regular performance reviews in line with company’s policy and QSC Management requirement
- Resolution of high level concerns
- Others - Build, maintain and develop partnerships with individuals and groups within the organization
- Continually strive to create operational efficiencies within the Operations processes
- Responsible for setting targets and goals for individual department in Operations
- Maintain working knowledge of services as well as all governmental rules and regulations
- Create an environment and maintain an open communication channel within Department, QSC, Area and Region.
- Ensure QEM principles are followed and promoted within department
- Work closely with other QSC/Area Directors on process improvement and communication
- Possess several years of comprehensive management experience in liner shipping in general (Operations Management/Port Terminal Experience/Equipment Management) or freight forwarding
- Background and responsibility in Area Operations (Preferable)
- Business Focus, Ability to adopt company’s business strategies
- Analytical, proactive way of working, ability to assert oneself
- Leadership skills, ability to manage and motivate people
- Drive for Results, ability to achieve and exceed targets
- Sound knowledge of user application systems (FIS, MS Office)
- Effective time management and planning skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Can work under pressure and possess tenacity, and willingness to make things work
Back to Job Vacancies