Specialization: IT OR COMPUTER SOFTWARE|
The incumbent is responsible to design and develop software solutions for manual and automated warehousing operations in support of the company’s complete products portfolio, in accordance with Swisslog concepts and standards, processes and guidelines. He shall undertake the delivery of a defined part of a project, including design, implementation, testing, integration (in-house and on-site) and documentation. He/She will ensure adherence to all the relevant processes, guidelines and standards of SW (especially PHB: Process Hand Book and SEP: Software Engineering Process) and will at all times act to improve the project efficiency and productivity gain from time to time.
Make an impact
- Participate in analysis and definition of Warehouse Management System software requirement.
- Development and testing of WMS system and application software.
- Participate in commissioning and testing of the WMS at various sites.
- Develop design specification, test plan and release note.
- Assist in setup, configuration and rules according to requirement.
- Develop design specification according to requirement specification.
- Solid understanding of the customer’s operational working practices and requirements.
- Develop and enhance test plan and test cases.
- Develop release note to provide clear and concise instruction for deployment.
- Ensuring quality of work through QA and thorough testing.
- Recognize, identify cause of bug and able to apply fixes to resolve it.
- Ensure that the project is implemented successfully within schedule.
Bring to the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent.
- 2 - 4 years experiences in a commercial, real time software development environment.
- Working knowledge and experience in J2EE, EJB 3.0, Servlets Java Script, JSF and JPA;
- Understanding of real time programming, relational database concepts and architecture;
- Java programming.
- Prior work experience in Warehousing / ERP is an added advantage.
- Strong hands on development skills and problem solving skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- An active team player and customer focus.
- Willing to travel and work overseas for long duration.
- Able to adhere to priorities and meet tight dateline
Back to Job Vacancies