Specialization: LAW OR LEGAL SERVICES|
About the job
The Head of Compliance (HoC) reports to the Chief Executive Officer. The Head of Compliance will oversee the compliance with the applicable regulation and provide advisory on compliance matters and risks to local executives, business units and staff.
The Head of Compliance is also the AML Officer (AMLO) and Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO).
The Head of Compliance is responsible to:
- Oversee the compliance with the applicable regulation
- Provide advisory and reporting to the entity’s management and CEO on compliance matters and risks
- Provide advisory and support to the different Business Units on compliance matters
- Perform compliance risk identification, assessment, advising on the identification of mitigation actions and support on the identification on potential remedial actions
- Perform second level controls
- Perform reporting obligations to Group/Regional Compliance, local management and Risk/Sub-Risk Committee
- Ensure the implementation of the Compliance Operating Model in line with the Compliance Management System Policy
- Advising on maintaining the AML/CTF & International Sanctions Control framework and undertaking his/her responsibilities as AMLO/MLRO
- Provide training and support on compliance related topics to staff and management in line with the Annual Plan
- Ensure the adequate implementation of the Group Compliance policies in the entity
- Maintain the relationship with the local Regulator/Authority and ensure request and enquires are met
- A relevant degree in law or accounting or economics or engineering or risk management.
- Around 15 years of experience in financial institutions, of which at least 8 to 10 years in local insurance compliance, and solid background in Anti-Financial Crime activities
- Understanding of the regulatory framework, applicable regulation and related compliance obligations
- Knowledge of insurance business and operations/processes
- Familiarity with compliance risk and/or process assessment methodologies
- Ability to explain and implement compliance policies and procedures
Please note that your application will be treated at the strictest confidence and only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Back to Job Vacancies