Specialization: IT OR COMPUTER NETWORK OR SYSTEM OR DATABASE ADMIN|
Responsible for providing IT technical support to end user community ensuring that all IT issues and service requests specific to the company’s systems are fulfilled, addressed, and/or resolved within agreed resolution times.. He/she will respond to queries, resolve incidents and problems, and perform root cause analysis on information technology and business functional issues.
This post provides an important role in technical and interpersonal support to end-users and their associated equipment and applications.
- Recommend an appropriate course of action to resolve tickets or escalate accordingly.
- Ensure that tickets which cannot be resolved at this level are escalated to the next level in a timely manner, with all troubleshooting steps and information collected and documented.
- Act as first point of contact via phone/email/chat or walk-in support for end users, and documents each contact including troubleshooting/action taken in appropriate system, while ensuring and promoting the image of IT as a service provider.
- Set ticket impact, urgency and prioritizes tickets, set user perception and expectation accordingly in terms of turnaround and response time.
- Ensure all tickets are followed up and actioned within stipulated time-frame to avoid backlog of tickets that has exceeded KPI, including tickets assigned to individuals and support queues managed by the team.
- Provide technical support to user issues on products supported in a systematic and logical way.
- Identify and flag gaps in existing Knowledge Base articles.
- Contribute towards producing documentation and SOP documents
- Provide input and feedback to the relevant service owners and the Information Management and Technology (IMT) teams regarding the performance and enhancement of the computing environment in accordance to relevant procedures.
- Highlight and follow-up on recurring issues to Senior Helpdesk Analysts so that Major Incident or Problem Management processes are triggered.
- Contribute to Service Desk Projects and Continuous Service Improvement (CSI) Programme.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant working experience including providing end-user support in a corporate environment with completion of secondary school or;
- 2-3 years of relevant working experience with a relevant first level University Degree.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate, vendor and non-vendor specific certifications in customer service, Windows, Microsoft Office, and networks. Training in IT end-user support and global shared services / call center environments highly desirable.
- Strong organizational skills, flexibility and capability of working under pressure.
- Experience in providing first and second level IT and Oracle e-Business applications support in international organizations, global call center or service desk environment.
Contract duration: 6 months
Back to Job Vacancies