Country Manager - MalaysiaLocation: Johor, Malaysia
|Job ID: SMRB1|
Specialization: CORPORATE STRATEGY OR TOP MANAGEMENT|
The Country Manager is responsible for management of the day-to-day
operations of the Malaysia operations. The position involves working with
the Managing Director and Financial Controller and business managers on all
aspects of the operation to ensure the efficient an effective operation of the
Company in Malaysia.
Salary Range RM 6,000-10,000
Primary Job Duties Operations:
• Set-up, oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of all local
• Ensure compliance with company standards including costing of
• Manage and maintain Licensing and governmental relationships.
• Apply for and update the licenses and certificates required for the
• Drive initiative to develop Malaysia’s production and sampling
• Resolving all operational issues together with the departments
• Develop all operational processes and policies to ensure compliance
• Build up the Malaysia team operations which includes the following:
• Oversee employee hiring, mentoring, coaching and management of
employees according to existing Company’s structure.
• Work with department heads to set, implement and monitor
objectives and strategies to meet the strategic direction of the
• Conduct regular reviews for all departments to ensure all targets are
• To explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Business strategy and Business development：
• Work with Regional Business Development team to develop effective
sales strategy and ensure compliance with Company objectives.
• Gather competitor market information and guide business teams to
specify promotion and business strategies.
• Maintain strong relationships with relevant stakeholders like
suppliers and inter-departments.
• Developing in-depth knowledge of the Catalytic Converters and
other precious metals recycling business to identify profitable
• Coordinate with Business Units to develop sales strategies to
improve and drive company’s marketing and sales performance in
sales lead generation for Catalytic Converters and other precious
• Identify and recommend new market segments or niches in the
recycling of precious metals that is in tandem with the Company’s
• Drive the business with full P&L responsibility.
• Develop forecasting plan and set budget to meet the business goals.
• Conduct research on emerging trends, recommend and execute new
business development initiatives to drive business growth.
• Driving innovation, and continuous improvement in support of
Job Requirements • Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years of working experience in similar roles and
• Strong English and Mandarin (written and spoken) is essential to
liaise with Chinese counterpart.
• Familiar with applying for and updating licenses, e.g., business
• Willing to travel.
• Working Location: Malaysia
• Proficient on computer programs needed for position such as: Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint
• Fast learner.
• Experience in the recycling and waste management industry is
• Excellent analytical skills for program costing, budget development
and strategic planning.
• Leadership management experience is essential.
• Possess the professional acumen to represent the Company in
attending external meetings.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
• Strong quality orientation and attention to detail.
• Able to work effectively both independently and in a team.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Apply Now Back to Job Vacancies