Specialization: LOGISTICS OR SUPPLY CHAIN|
A Reputable Organisation is currently hiring for Shipping Deputy General Manager to join them in their Shah Alam office.
- Execute the global and/or local ocean freight products and trades lanes/networks and procurement strategy on FCL and LCL products.
- To identify new business opportunities by tapping the potential customers from different countries.
- To ensure that all the sales & marketing activities are carried out within the agreed budgets, volume, sales and within the given time scales.
- Ensure the consistent performance of operational standards in order to meet customers’ satisfaction.
- Monitor productivity and profitability of daily operations, quality of services as well as the improvement of skilled manpower.
- Work closely with the Customer Service team to ensure smooth and timely delivery
- Provide good customer service and maintain good relationships with all vendors, suppliers, agents, and government agencies in order to meet the export objective.
- Overseeing the Ocean Export team and determine the training/development needed for the team.
- Monitor ocean export scheduling and work with various operations departments as well as external parties to ensure strategic delivery plans.
- To review and continuously improve the efficiency of the Ocean Export team and logistics Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- To ensure that overall tasks/activities are carried out professionally, ethically and in a timely manner.
- At least a degree, preferable major in Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management.
- At least 8 years of working experience in Logistics/Freight Forwarding is preferred.
- Well versed experience in handling LCL, FCL, Transhipment and Nomination shipments.
- The prioritize will be given to candidates who are from forwarders/shipping line industry.
- Good exposure in international market segments especially USA trade lanes.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Preferable candidates who have exposure in MNC and/or public listed company
Back to Job Vacancies