Specialization: IT OR COMPUTER NETWORK OR SYSTEM OR DATABASE ADMIN|
The Senior Active Directory Administrator would need to have at least 8 years of directly related experience supporting Active Directory operations and engineering. The Senior Active Directory Administrator is a subject matter expert that has global responsibility for the design and configuration of the Active Directory and Windows Server environment.
- Proven expertise in designing and architecting domain consolidation projects.
- Design and architect a global Active Directory Infrastructure, including, design and implementation of Group Policy, domain consolidation for large scale organizations.
- Utilize logical problem solving to find creative solutions to problems in the environment on a broad scale.
- Plan and execute Active Directory Domain level upgrades.
- Plan and design Group Policy Objects as requested to ensure compliance of company policies for servers and user end-point devices.
- Troubleshoot and resolve Active Directory, GPO, Active Directory Federated Services, and password/identity management systems.
- Assist in management and support of internal and external DNS systems. Assist in management and support of internal DHCP architecture and scoping.
- Work with stakeholders and other technical teams to collect business and technical requirements and design / deliver enterprise level solutions.
- Create and update technical documentation of operating procedures as needed.
- Maintain standards for installation of infrastructure software / hardware installations.
- Serve as a technical expert for Tier 1/2/3 support groups.
- Oversee the architecture and design of the global backup and recovery of Active Directory.
- Own and lead discussions in business and technical information technology solution implementations, upgrades, enhancement and conversions. Recommends solutions as appropriate.
- Support IT goals and objectives including measures and projects.
- Provide problem solving leadership based on experience with the technology.
- Act as a member of the Windows Active Directory Domain Administrator Support Team in providing timely and efficient support to assigned operations; coordinate day-to-day operations, apply security patches/fixes and anti-virus updates as released by software manufacturers and anti-virus vendors, create and implement domain level security policies such as authentication mechanisms, password policies and rules, IPSEC policies etc.
- Review domain level rights and privileges and perform changes to the same as appropriate.
- Collaborate in assessing current and expected Windows infrastructure needs, configuration, maintenance, optimization and documentation of Windows infrastructure.
- Follow and apply configuration and security standards and policies within a defined Change Management process.
- Ensure that system improvements and changes are implemented correctly and completely, and monitor all effects of the modifications.
- Establish/recommend policies on system use and services.
- Perform common administrative tasks.
- Support of a distributed MS Windows-based network.
- Strong understanding of architecting and configuring Microsoft Windows OS technology including AD Forests, Domains, Trusts, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy and Organizational Units.
Back to Job Vacancies