Specialization: IT OR COMPUTER NETWORK OR SYSTEM OR DATABASE ADMIN|
We are assisting our reputable Banking Client to look for potentials to join their expending team in Kuala Lumpur
1) BCBS 239 Self-Assessment:
- Lead the annual BCBS 239 compliance self-assessment in-line with MAS requirements as well as for Group.
2) Simulation Testing of Critical Risk Reports (CRRs):
- Lead the identification of CRRs in scope for simulation exercise and the reporting parameters to be evaluated for flexibility tests for Group.
- Facilitate simulation testing exercise in-conjunction with Report Owners
3) Alignment with internal Audit:
- Work with Internal Audit to align BAU Audit plans with Simulation testing plans to avoid duplication of efforts for Group
- Identify gaps reported by Audit for resolution and follow up with respective action owners to closure
4) Independent Validation (IV) Report:
- Prepare and publish final IV report based on the outcome of Self-assessment, Simulation testing and Audit observations
- Propose and implement gap closure initiative to remediate the identified gaps
5) Senior Management Updates:
- Prepare BCBS 239 compliance status reports and provide updates to SERC, RMCC & MSL Board
- Lead Simulation Testing & IV status update to senior management
6) Risk Data Quality Issues:
- Act as the Risk PIC for all Singapore Risk Data Quality issues
- Have a holistic picture of DQ issues from Risk perspective and champion the remediation within Risk (working with CDO SG)
- Prioritize DQ issues for Singapore Risk (working with CDO SG)
- Perform data validation and ensure data is used consistently across different reports where applicable
- Oversee User-Acceptance-Testing (UAT) by business users where required on new data elements requests/ data enhancements projects
7) Risk Data Strategy:
- Ensure alignment of Risk data initiatives to the Group Risk Data Strategy
- Primarily act as the SG Risk Data SME and PIC for all Group Risk Data initiative requirements Singapore data
- Drive pilot risk data initiatives in Singapore and support group wide deployment
8) Risk Data Management:
- Provide guidance to data users on optimizing utilisation of data and leveraging on tools to provide assurance and ensuring data alignment across different users
- Own and maintain the Risk Data Glossary (in alignment to Group RDG) for both Local (SG) and assist with Group Reporting data requirements
- Steer discussions with Users to facilitate requirements gathering, conduct gap analysis, including liaison with relevant stakeholders to ensure all requirements and necessary details are captured in the RDG. Thereafter, discuss the requirements and agree with IT on the solution for IT to proceed to development.
- Steer recommendation and formulation of consistent definitions, business rules and methods to govern consistency in reporting within the Bank
- Manage the communications and be the bridge between IT and Risk Report Users to ensure consistent alignment of requirements, expectations and deliverables.
- To lead in providing guidance and create awareness to Users and Business stakeholders leveraging on risk data glossary or tools developed by the bank to achieve self-sufficiency
- Provide periodic status update to team leads or Head of RDM&S on status of Risk Data Initiatives and seek prioritisation where applicable
- Strong knowledge of BCBS 239 principles or experience in implementing projects related to Data Lineage and Data Quality Management.
- Strong analytical and implementation skills, demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and drive change across a complex organization and multiple stakeholders.
- Sound project management skills.
- Good understanding of risk data, including credit, market, liquidity, operational etc.
- Fair knowledge in relevant policies and guidelines.
- A team leader with a positive attitude, professionalism and a strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics
- Knowledge of Excel and SQL is a must, with knowledge of R, Python, AI and ML an additional advantage.
- Ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related and to identify key or underlying issues in complex situations.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of banking facilities and industry regulations
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- The ability to work independently and with minimum supervision
- Good problem solving skills
Back to Job Vacancies