Specialization: AGRICULTURE OR FORESTRY OR FISHERIES|
- To be responsible for the development, upkeep and maintenance, of new and current matured areas of planted trees advised by current development/ maintenance plans in Rubber Plantations.
- To carry out necessary work required for plantation production via the use of company staff, contract labor and machinery provided.
- Details of plantation maintenance include:
- Condition of roads and drains
- Condition terraces, bridges and culverts
- Condition of cover crops for required areas
- Condition of all planted trees that include observation, prevention of diseases; and monitoring of leave falls that impact production etc.
- Prevention of pest attacks such as termites, forest boars, etc.
- To assist management in ensuring work is conducted strictly following work specifications and costs outlined within the contract between management and contractors.
- To coordinate and manage job functions of supporting staff and contractors to ensure work is carried out on schedule, without cost overruns (within budget), and minimum production output is achieved.
- To train and work with subordinate staff in order for them to provide supervision to workers carrying out duties as part of check roll and contract, in a satisfactory manner. Subordinate staff include supervisors, assistant managers, and plantation workers.
- To manage plantation operations, complying with regulations of all relevant departments set out in the country:
- Department of Environment – prevention of water, air, ground pollution etc.
- Department of Labor – workers’ rights and minimum pay are met.
- Monitor materials required for development and upkeep for plantation production under the plantation program; including conditions of machinery and equipment. And report on issues when required.
- To prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner (according to management’s request) of field operations to management; reports include plantation progress reports, production, manpower numbers, machinery upkeep reports, stock availability reports, claims reports, accounts reports, staffing requirements reports etc.
- To generate requisition reports of required/out-of-budget purposes/ tasks in a timely manner for approval by management.
- To be the custodian of the company’s assets and staff within the plantation.
- To be responsible for the monthly and annual yield targets.
- To ensure the plantation remains profitable at all times by applying measures to meet the company’s target.
- To carry out other job functions as and when directed by management.
Back to Job Vacancies