Specialization: PROPERTY OR REAL ESTATE|
- Report directly to the CEO of the Company.
- Must take ownership of the project and must be able to handle from project planning, authority approvals, project implementation, and contract administration and project costing.
- Must be resourceful, having critical problem solving skills and be independent to solve all property development and construction problems so as to achieve CEO’s set target dateline and objective.
- Monitor and lead a team of internal project managers, assistants and coordinators to successfully deliver projects within time the frame.
- Lead the onsite team and ensure project completion within the set budget, schedule and conformance with design documents.
- Advise and establish clear project programmes and milestones to monitor and report project progress.
- Develop a logistics plan that allows the contractors to complete their work in a coordinated, efficient manner under the Project manager directive
- Coordinate and integrate the activities of all of the assistant project managers, project engineers and other support staff on the project. Establish priorities for the project staff based on owner and project requirements.
- Establish regularly scheduled meetings with the contractors and design team to review the following: shop drawing preparation / approval, equipment/material lead times and required on-site dates, manpower projections, the project schedule, quality/performance issues on and off site.
- Monitor contractor/vendor pending costs. Ensure that the cost report is updated on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate with the project executive, managers all client related contact/correspondence to ensure consistency of reporting throughout the project.
- Conduct regular project and contractor meetings to review project progress and the following issues: Current cost projections/change orders issued to date, anticipated “pending” costs, schedule update, requisition review, highlight near term major activities, changes to the project, any other issues deemed appropriate.
- Ensure all costs and risk updates are communicated and incorporated into the overall project reporting.
- Obtain approvals for changes to the project that have been generated by the contractor team.
- Establish adequate Inspection and Testing withhold points enforced to ensure desired quality of delivery is maintained.
- Obtain client’s acceptance of the work, and sign-off for the completed project. Responsible for the preparation and submission of the final project report, and prompt closeout of the subcontracts.
- Study, evaluate and identify all tasks and risks of project undertaking, implementation and up to the final completion of the project.
- Initiate site activity investigations and assessments.
- Evaluate and assess equipment and recommend designs for the project team integrating safety measures.
- Analyse, evaluate and initiate potential energy conservation measures while executing a project.
- Design, develop and initiate site-specific safety plan including an accident-free safe work environment.
- Lead, direct, assist and support construction teams to ensure deliverable processes on time and within the budget.
- Prepare detailed, accurate timely project reports including work schedules, implementations, deviations, change in subcontractors, customer issues and other related problems.
- Initiate and implement best practices, procedures and standards in compliance with Company’s laws
- Master/Degree in Civil & Structural Engineering, or related discipline.
- Minimum 20 years working experience in the related field and at least 10 years managerial experience in property development.
- Sound knowledge of construction QA/QC specification and statutory requirements.
- Good rapport with local authorities.
- Independent, self-starter, proactive, technically competent and a team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Proficiency in computer, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project (or equivalent), Power Point and good presentation skills.
- Possess own transportation and valid driving license
Back to Job Vacancies