Specialization: FINANCE GENERAL OR COST ACCOUNTING|
To support the Corporate Group Finance in executing all aspects of accounting governance and performing month end, quarter end and year end accounting closing activities, performing reporting activities, preparing financial statements and participate actively in set-up of the accounting organization and related processes for the newly acquired/ set-up companies.
- Responsible for the accounting topics (i.e. accounting advisory to business, closing and reporting tasks, disclosure requirements) for the Group’s subsidiaries with strong hands-on experience in handling full set of accounts.
- Perform the month end, quarter end and year end accounting closing activities which include journal processing, monthly Balance Sheet and P&L Analysis, including intercompany accruals, intercompany reconciliations, bank reconciliations, fixed deposit placements, petty cash, forex revaluation etc. for 7 subsidiaries within the Group;
- Support statutory audit including preparation of financial statements, attending to audit queries in order to complete the financial statements according to the given audit timeline and follow-up on action items as a result of the reviews;
- Support Group Accounts in ad-hoc matters, prepare various reporting reports/ reconciliations for statutory and management needs;
- Facilitate accounting transition process for newly acquired/ set-up companies, provide guidance and support to newly acquired/ set-up companies as well as implement procedures to align the new/ acquired Co to Group policies and procedures;
- Train the local team members on how to perform posting and reconciliation in D365 once the local team members onboard in D365 system;
- Be Topic Matter Expert for complex accounting topics and provide training to the Finance community;
- Perform self-inspection on work areas and implement measures to ensure compliance to accounting practices, policies and guidelines;
- Other tasks assigned by superior from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience
- Possess at least Bachelor’s Degree or Professional Qualification with a strong accounting background;
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in supporting General Ledger operations, experience in handling full set of accounts and/or preparing financial statement;
- Previous experience and knowledge in Finance Shared Services environment will be an added advantage.
Skills & Knowledge
- Technically sound in accounting and reporting standards and financial statutory requirements. Be well versed with IFRS and application of the standards in practice.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills to perform self-inspection on work areas and implement measures to ensure compliance to accounting practices, policies and guidelines.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skill, ability to work well in a pressured, deadline focused, small, committed team environment.
- Good problem-solving skills, able to contribute ideas and implement improvements in processes and procedures.
- Able to work independently, self-motivated, possess analytical skills and ability to adapt to change.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and/or Anaplan will be an added advantage.
Back to Job Vacancies