GL ManagerLocation: Kedah
|Job ID: TSR18|
Specialization: FINANCE GENERAL OR COST ACCOUNTING|
related to general ledger activities are transacted accurately and timely in the ERP system, and balances appropriately reconciled at period end.
Monthly review of financial reconciliations and reports.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Manage monthly, quarterly and annual financial close processes including the review of balance sheet account reconciliations, financial analysis and reporting, cash flow statement, and accounting close packages.
1. Review of audited statutory financial statements.
2. Drive compliance with accounting policies in accordance with U.S. GAAP and other regional bases of accounting, as applicable.
3. Support financial statements audits with internal and external auditors.
4. Review and approve journal entries and ensure accurate and timely recording of accounting transactions.
5. Actively work with the internal audit and compliance teams on documentation of controls in compliance with the Sarbanes–Oxley Act (“SOX”).
6. Drive process improvement projects and create scalable best practices and system solutions.
7. Define expectations, plan and allocate resources, set timelines and monitor performance of team members in accordance with financial deadlines.
8. Define team and individual goals and provide feedback to team members.
9. Develop and coach team members by embracing First Solar’s core behaviors and values.
10. Participate actively in the new enterprise resource planning system implementation, including data validation and user acceptance testing.
• 10 years of related working experience in similar areas with large multinational companies.
• Work experience with Big 4 accounting firms is an added advantage.
• Prior oversight of accounting associates.
• Bachelor degree or related professional qualification in Accounting.
• CPA, chartered accountant, ACCA or other similar professional certification is a plus.
• Ability to collaborate, manage and develop an efficient team.
• Strong work ethic. Able to work independently, resourceful and can be relied on to complete tasks assigned.
• Strong problem solving skills, meticulous and attention to detail.
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to interpret, draw conclusions and identify issues through review of journals, reconciliations, financial statements and related documents.
• Possess the courage to challenge status quo in the interest of continuous improvements. Results oriented and takes pride in quality of work.
• Proficient in English, with strong communication and presentation skills.
• Strong advocate of First Solar behaviors to define our culture and bring our core values to life.
• Strong technical accounting knowledge in U.S. GAAP/IFRS.
• Good understanding of SOX requirements.
Apply Now Back to Job Vacancies