Specialization: FINANCE GENERAL OR COST ACCOUNTING|
Basic Job Functions:
This position performs the accounting for routine and certain complex business transactions and executes key processes involved in the global accounting close. This position analyses quantitative information to identify solutions and supports special projects. Candidate must have basic knowledge of accounting procedures, concepts and principles accepted in the United States (“U.S. GAAP”) or other regional bases of accounting.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepare or review journal entries, including entries related to accruals, prepaids, cash clearing, derivatives, marketable securities, warranty, and recycling obligations.
- Perform month-end close activities, including the execution of the foreign currency remeasurement/translation process and the global consolidation process using ERP and/or reporting systems.
- Prepare or review balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Ensure that financial transactions are recorded in the appropriate legal entity and record intercompany cross-charges, balance netting, and settlements.
- Support the preparation of statutory financial statements with associated footnotes and schedules.
- Support the audit of statutory and consolidated financial statements and internal controls.
- Support special projects and identify improvements by performing financial data analysis and providing recommendations to senior associates.
- Provide on-the-job training to junior members of the team.
- Solve or provide solution to simple issues.
- At least 3-5 years combined experience working for a public company and/or a public accounting firm with relevant experience in financial accounting, general ledger, month-end close, consolidation, and intercompany accounting.
- With GL experience. Preferably with audit experience in big four: PWC (Pricewaterhouse Coopers), EY (Ernst & Young), KPMG and Deloitte.
- General understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance.
- Working knowledge of major ERP systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle, etc.), preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including a high degree of proficiency in Excel.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting (required).
- Master’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or other related fields (preferred).
- CPA, CA, or other equivalent professional certifications (preferred).
- Candidate must be willing to work in Georgetown, Penang or Kulim, Kedah.
- Process oriented with outstanding attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Attitude and willingness to learn and develop skills.
- Highly motivated, accountable, results oriented.
- Resourceful and comfortable working with ambiguity.
Back to Job Vacancies