Specialization: IT OR COMPUTER NETWORK OR SYSTEM OR DATABASE ADMIN|
We are representing our established client is looking for Senior System Engineer to join their team in Cyberjaya
This role will be responsible in Design, Implementation, troubleshooting, analyse, support and maintain on range of system, peripheral and software products; including Windows, server/OS utilization, virtualization, performance tuning, AD and backup design and restore. Provide level 2+ support for problems identified with system and software and to assist level 1 engineer in the determination of unknown problems.
- Identify causes of equipment breakdown utilization test equipment and diagnostic aids and take remedial action for Windows server.
- Onsite support, installation and infrastructure configuration, planning and design for Microsoft Windows/VMware server.
- Assist Project Manager in project plans, design and implementation solutions.
- Act as project lead for small scale projects.
- Provide Day-to-day support, maintenance, implementation and setup for server/storage, mainly Windows/VMware based servers.
- Provide technical consultation and recommendations to customer.
- Assist Unix team in 1st level hardware support.
- Level 2+ support and assist level 1 and level 2 engineers in determination of unknown Microsoft OS, AD, fileserver, DNS, Backup and VMware related problems.
- Maintain contact with customer’s operations staff and ensure actual potential problem areas are identified and agreed and action plans produced and implemented in order to avoid adverse customer reactions
- Maintain a productive and harmonious relationship with the customer and internally in order to enhance Company's image.
- Maintain contact with customers operations staff and ensure actual or potential problem areas are identified to his/her manager.
- Assist with incident report and maintaining project documentation/configuration.
- To provide assistance and support to level 1 and level 2 engineers in the closure of difficult system or equipment breakdown calls.
- To advise and guide customers on general environment condition, site preparation and ensure that requirements are adhered to by customers.
- To observe and abide by company ISO9001 quality procedures and processes in delivery, services and support to customers.
- At times, to conduct internal training/ briefing for junior engineers on relevant acquired skills and knowledge.
- At least 3 – 5 years relevant work experience:- Tertiary or professional qualification, (preferably major in computer science, information technology or equivalent.)
- MCSE/MCITP or equivalent MS certification
- Experience in server and storage installation and configuration.
- Good troubleshooting skill in Microsoft Windows server OS and Exchange.
- Ability to do level 2+ system support for Windows/VMware server.
- Good working experience in WINS, DNS, DHCP, NFS, LDAP and security management.
- Good working experience in Windows server capacity planning, utilization review and performance monitoring.
- Experience in designing, supporting and maintaining Microsoft Active Directory and MS Exchange.
- Experience with Microsoft AD, MS Exchange migration and Microsoft Office 365.
- Good experience in backup solutions, e.g. BackupExec, VEEAM.
- Knowledge in SAN/ISCSI/NAS solutions.
- Knowledge in Solaris 9/10/11 and SUN/midrange SPARC server will have an added advantage
Back to Job Vacancies